GP Batteries International Limited (“GP Batteries”) strives to ensure compliance with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in protection of the personal data supplied by the website users.
Personal data is stored securely in GP Batteries system and retained as long as the user is registered with any one of the GP Batteries websites. Only authorized staff members have the right to access the data, and GP Batteries will not release the personal data to external parties without the users’ permission except as set out in the “Personal Information Collection Statement”.
GP Batteries may, from time to time, send direct marketing materials promoting products and services to users based on their personal data, but opt-out arrangement will be made upon receipt of written request.
Personal Information Collection Statement
It is the policy of GP Batteries International Limited (“GP Batteries”) and its subsidiaries and associated companies to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. GP Batteries also strives to ensure compliance with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
COLLECTION OF DATA
Users may be asked to provide personal information such as name and e-mail address for various services offered on this web-site. Users are not obliged to supply the data, but if they do not provide the information, the services will be unavailable.
- PURPOSE AND USE OF DATA
- Information is collected for the following purposes:
- * compiling statistics about habits and preference of users to analyze site usage and further development
- * collecting data for identity verification and updating contact lists for correspondence
- * contacting users regarding administrative notices and communications
- GP Batteries may also use information as follows:
- * share information with subsidiaries and associated companies
- * share information with content and service providers for normal operation of GP Batteries website
- TRANSFER OF DATA
- User information will not be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify them except as follows:
- * as required by law
- * for administrative and other purposes deemed necessary to maintain and improve service
- * user information may be shared among GP Batteries, its subsidiaries, associates as well as related corporations. These parties may have places of business outside Hong Kong, and information may be transferred out of Hong Kong. By subscribing to GP Batteries website or logging in, users agree to the transfer of information to these parties outside Hong Kong. These parties have their own privacy policies and GP Batteries has no control over their use of information; so GP Batteries is not liable for their use of information.
- AMENDMENT OF DATA
- Users have the right to amend their personal data by contacting GP Batteries directly via email.
- If you wish to update or delete your personal data submitted, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.